What is a Session Like?
A session lasts approximately an hour. Each session includes bodywork, conversation, energetics and listening to help you recognize the patterns of your body. We exaggerate positions of comfort and ease to engage your nervous system and your self healing reflexes. Your session may include physical movements (including compression, traction, isometrics, isotonics) & positioning. This can include working with muscles, organ systems, trauma patterns, scar tissue & energetic balance.
The main principles of Ortho-Bionomy are awareness, comfort, and support. This makes a session look and feel very different from many other types of bodywork and massage sessions. We are not forcing the body or muscle to do anything or “fixing” you. Instead, we work with you to provide the physical and energetic support you need to shift from a pattern of pain to a pattern of healing.
Ortho-Bionomy can help you alleviate pain and stress patterns by reducing muscle tension, soothing the joints, increasing flexibility, improving circulation, and relaxing the entire body, all why you are fully clothed. In addition, your session will typically include take home self-care exercises so you can continue your healing journey outside of your session.
What is Ortho-Bionomy?
Ortho-Bionomy is a gentle, supportive healing practice that reminds us and our bodies of our natural ability to restore balance and harmony. The focus is on your comfort and helping you to find ease in your body. You actively participate in your own recovery, by learning to activate and support your self-healing and self-regulating processes. You begin to rediscover the ability to heal and restore ease and balance back into your body, and back into your life. Ortho-Bionomy was founded by Arthur Lincoln Pauls, a British trained Osteopath, in the early 1970’s. Its foundation is osteopathically and energetically based, focusing on the nervous system and the body’s postural, structural and energetic imbalances that can cause discomfort.
- Contact Us For more information or to book a session, you may email, text or phone Danyell Wiley 317.441.4119. You can also like DSW Bodywork on Facebook.
Below are some of my recommended resources in our community:
- For more on Ortho-Bionomy classes, continuing education or community events, contact Keri Brown, Indianapolis Ortho-Bionomy Coordinator.
- Munay Ki, Energy work & Unleashing our Awesome classes and sessions, MedicineHeart Woman
- Movement, Yoga, Pilates, Pain free movement sessions and classes The Hub
- Movement Intelligence, Bones for Life classes Denise Deig
- Yoga Barbara Kennedy, YogaWorx
- Carmel School of Massage & Healing Arts, www.carmelschoolofmassage.com
- Click for more information on Ortho-Bionomy and the Society of Ortho-Bionomy International
About Your Practitioner – Danyell Wiley, CMT
Danyell utilizes various techniques, including Ortho-Bionomy®, integrative bodywork & Reiki to help the body recognize patterns that are causing discomfort & stress.
A native of Indianapolis, she has a healing practice on the Northside of Indianapolis. She has been applying massage and other healing modalities in her bodywork practice since graduation from the Graham School over 25 years ago. She also received a B.S. in Psychology and Equine Studies from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
She is a professional member of ABMP, an Advanced Practitioner level member of the Society of Ortho-Bionomy International, and a Certified Massage Therapist in Indiana. She is an avid reader, music lover and life long learner. She continues to grow her skills, studying energy, relationships, stone therapy, prenatal massage, scar tissue work, shamanism, pre & post surgery techniques, Reiki, Munay-Ki, massage, Ortho-Bionomy and more.
She is currently enrolled in the Ortho-Bionomy Advanced Practitioner Training Program and enrolled in training with MedicineHeart Woman. Her background in bodywork and the corporate & nonprofit world allows me to have an understanding of and connection with the stress and toll these environments can have on the body.
- Ortho-Bionomy Registered Advanced Practitioner 2017
- Ortho-Bionomy Registered Practitioner 2009
- Reiki Master 2008
- BS Psychology, Equine Studies/Biology 1995
- Massage Therapist 1990
- Munay Ki
- MedicineHeart Woman Training – Ongoing
- Ortho-Bionomy Advanced Practitioner Training – Ongoing
Copyright ®2018 DSW Services. All Rights Reserved.